Welcome to the second annual Lake Apopka Wildlife Festival & Birdapalooza!
March 1, 2014
9am – 4pm
What is Birdapalooza? A celebration of the rich diversity of birds and other wildlife that make their home on the north shore of Lake Apopka, Florida’s third-largest lake, including:
- Free birding tours of the Lake Apopka Restoration area led by veteran birding guides
- Live entertainment
- Vendors and exhibitors specializing in outdoor recreation, birding gear and old Florida crafts and products
- Food trucks and other refreshments
The restoration of Lake Apopka is beginning to take hold. Bird surveys show that more than 360 different species of birds have been identified in the Lake Apopka Restoration Area, more species than can be found at any inland site in the state of Florida.
Quickly and quietly, the Lake Apopka Restoration Area has developed a reputation among birding enthusiasts nationwide as a great place to spot rare and spectacular birds, including:
- Raptors: Bald Eagles, Peregrine Falcons, Swallow-tailed Kites and Northern Harrier hawks
- Wading birds: Great Blue Herons, Green Herons, Snowy Egrets and Purple Gallinules
- Waterfowl: Anhingas, Ring-necked Ducks and Mottled Ducks
Join your friends, neighbors, and birding enthusiasts as we celebrate Birdapalooza and the habitat that supports hundreds of bird species!