Weekend birding festival January 18-21, 2018
Free family-oriented event January 20, 2018 | 9am-4pm | Magnolia Park
For Birdapalooza Weekend, sponsored by Orange Audubon Society, see more information on Orange Audubon Society's website.
What is Birdapalooza? A celebration of the rich diversity of birds and other wildlife that make their home on the north shore of Lake Apopka, Florida’s fourth-largest lake, including:
- Free birding/nature tours of the Lake Apopka North Shore area led by veteran guides
- Nature photography hike
- Live entertainment
- Vendors and exhibitors specializing in outdoor recreation and the environment
- Food trucks and other refreshments
A variety of guided trips are offered free during the Saturday festival between 9am and 4pm. Additional trips on Friday and Sunday for those interested in improving their birding or photography skills are offered for a donation to Orange Audubon Society's nature education center fund.
Why Lake Apopka? Quickly and quietly, the Lake Apopka North Shore has developed a reputation among birding enthusiasts nationwide as a great place to spot rare and spectacular birds, including:
- Raptors: Bald Eagles, Peregrine Falcons and Northern Harrier hawks
- Wading birds: Great Blue Herons, Green Herons, Snowy Egrets and Purple Gallinules
- Waterfowl: Anhingas, Ring-necked Ducks and Mottled Ducks
Join your friends, neighbors, and birding enthusiasts as we celebrate Birdapalooza and the habitat that supports hundreds of bird species!