First Saturday in February
9am - 4pm Magnolia Park
(February 6, 2016)
What is Birdapalooza? A celebration of the rich diversity of birds and other wildlife that make their home on the north shore of Lake Apopka, Florida’s third-largest lake, including:
- Free birding/nature tours of the Lake Apopka Restoration area led by veteran guides
- Nature photography hike
- Hook Kids on Fishing
- Live entertainment
- Vendors and exhibitors specializing in outdoor recreation, birding gear and old Florida crafts and products
- Food trucks and other refreshments
Quickly and quietly, the Lake Apopka Restoration Area has developed a reputation among birding enthusiasts nationwide as a great place to spot rare and spectacular birds, including:
- Raptors: Bald Eagles, Peregrine Falcons, Swallow-tailed Kites and Northern Harrier hawks
- Wading birds: Great Blue Herons, Green Herons, Snowy Egrets and Purple Gallinules
- Waterfowl: Anhingas, Ring-necked Ducks and Mottled Ducks
Join your friends, neighbors, and birding enthusiasts as we celebrate Birdapalooza and the habitat that supports hundreds of bird species!
The City of Orlando will hold their 15th annual Wetlands Festival on Saturday, February 21, 2015. Visit their website for more information.